BHUL Rules And Regulations
- Authorized Users
- All duly registered staff and students of Bingham University
- Any Alumnus/Alumna of the University
- Current external members of the Governing Council and board of trustees of Bingham University.
- Any other person authorized by the University Librarian may be permitted to use library on temporary basis and for reference purposes only.
- Library ACCESS
- All Library Users are to come in or leave through the main entrance to the library only. Physically challengeed users are to come in and leave the library through the route created for them.
- The Collection development and technical services divisions of the library are out of bounds to library users except senior academic staff who may want to liase with library staff of the division on procurement of resources.
- Admission into the Library is based on:
- each student's presentation of each of his/her library privilege card issued to registered students
- staff presentation of his/her University identity card.
- Brief cases, bags, raincoats, umbrellas are not allowed in the library. These must be left in the cloakroom.
- Disruptive behaviours are not tolerated as such are not respectful of other library users.
- Loud conversations or other noisy behaviour are not allowed in the library. Peace and quiet must be observed in using the library. We are in the process of starting our Information - Learning Commons, where rooms will be provided to allow for group work and use of other facilities not previously permitted.
- Use of mobile/cell phones, ipods and other musical gadgets are not allowed in the library (See above).
- Library users are not to engage in inappropriate or unlawful behaviour such as hostile, rude, harassing or threatening behaviours.
- Food & drinks are not permitted in the library.
- Naked light or use of Matches, lighters or candles are prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Theft of library materials or deface library materials either by marking pages with pens and highlighters or tearing/removal of pages. Library material must be handle with proper care.
- Library materials must not be concealed by hiding them for selfish and exclusive use.
- Library materials used must not be re-shelved by users. Used materials should be left on the on the table for library staff to re-shelve. Inappropriate use of resources such as reservation of seats, leaving computer workstations or reading tables / seating spaces unused for extended periods of time especially during busy periods is prohibited.
- Sitting on the reading tables is not allowed.
- Visit to Pornographic websites is prohibited.
- Library workstations components and default settings must not be modified or tampered with.
- Borrowers of Library materials have responsibility for returning books borrowed on or before due date. Books borrowed, which are due for return can be renewed provided such have not been placed on reserve by other users. Books on loan may be reserved.
- Notification of arrival in the library of books reserved will be by notification slip or email.
- Users must submit themselves to library staff for checking when leaving the library.
- All publications (personal and library) being taken out of the library must be shown to and checked by the library staff before leaving the library.
- Penalty:Abuse of library privileges attracts appropriate sanction (s)
- Overdue books attract a fine of N100 for each day the book is overdue
- Mutilation or theft of a book/ other properties attracts payment of replacement cost of the item in question and administrative charges of 25% of the cost of the item. The payment is in addition to other disciplinary measures, which the library and the University authorities may impose on the offender.
- Inappropriate use of or inappropriate behavior in the library attracts limitation or refusal of access to individuals or groups whose behavior falls short of the library's expectation.
Monday: - 8:00a.m - 10:00p.m
Tuesday: - 8:00a.m -10:00p.m
Wednesday: - 8:00a.m - 10:00p.m
Thursday: - 8:00a.m - 10:00p.m
Friday: - 8:00a.m - 10:00p.m
Saturday: - 10:00a.m - 4:00p.m
Sunday - Closed
Public Holiday - Closed
Semester Break- 8:00a.m-4:00p.m