Professional Services Offered by the Library
Describe briefly the services offered by the Library including deliberate efforts made to ensure maximum use of the library by both staff and students. Also services rendered to new students to be able to use the library effectively and to enable them obtain materials from other libraries in the environment and within Nigeria.
The University Library provides the following services:
- Circulation (regular and short term lending)
- Exhibition of new materials acquired
- Reserved Books service
- Past Question Papers,
- Computer/Internet (online) service
- Information Literacy and Competence (GST 121 – 2 credits unit course),
- Research & Bibliographic Services,
- Inter-Library Loans/referral service,
- Printing, Reprographic, binding and Document Delivery services
Library Orientation lecture and tour is organized for new students during the orientation week while all first year students undergo a one credit unit taught Information Literacy & Competence (Use of Library, Study Skill and ICT) (GST 121) course in the first semester.