The Department of Entrepreneurship was established in September 2019 and it successfully took off with six pioneer students at the 100 level. Courses have been developed for the degree program in B. Sc Entrepreneurship Studies fully up to 400 level. However, the 100 level courses include: Introduction to Entrepreneurship Studies I & II; Business Mathematics; Introduction to Business Studies; Industrial Skills Development I & II,; Elements of Economics I & II; Nigerian Business Environment; Principles of Accounting I & II; Introduction to Psycho- Sociology I & II; Communication in English and: other GST courses.
The pioneer staff of the Department includes Assoc Prof N. G. Gado, Dr Christy Zwingina, Dr Orbunde, Mrs. Felicia Eze, Miss Cynthia Saidu, Mrs. Ruth Kachiro and Peter A. Aroge, the Acting Head.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGRADUATES
The entry requirements for Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree Programme of Bingham University are as follows:
- Candidates are required to possess at least five credits in WAEC or NECO including English Language and Mathematics Economics and two other related science subjects at not more than two sittings.
- Candidates are required to select English Language Mathematics, Economics and any other subject in UME & JAMB examinations
- Candidates are required to possess five WAEC or NECO ‘O’ Level credits including English Language, Mathematics and Economics at not more than two sittings.
- Pass IJMB in at least two subjects one of which must be Accounting, Business Administration or Economics
- National Diploma in Accounting or its equivalent from a recognized higher institution, with a grade not less upper credit admitted into year two while lower credit is admitted into year on of the programme.
- N.C.E Accounting or its equivalent from a recognized institution with a very good passes admitted into year one of the program.