Department of Computer Science
There exist a wide range of opportunities for student who are studying computer science in Bingham University. Some of them are: Software Engineering, Software development, Web Development, Android Development, Database System Administrators and Developers, Machine Learning and Data Scientist, Cyber Security and Cryptography, Management Information Systems, Content Management, Hardware Repair and Maintenance, Network Administrators, e-Commerce etc.
For admission into Bachelor’s degree programme, candidates are required to possess either (A) (B) or (C) below or an equivalent qualification:
- An acceptable pass in UME (University Matriculation Examination). UME subjects are Physics, Mathematics and Use of English and any relevant science subject. In addition, candidates must have five O’ level credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Physics and two other relevant subjects.
- Two “A” level passes in Mathematics and one of Physics or Chemistry. In addition, candidate must have a minimum of five O’ level credit passes including English Language, Mathematics and Physics; or
- Diploma in a relevant field with a minimum pass at Upper Credit (CGPA 3.5 and above). In addition, candidates must have a minimum of five O’ level credit passes including Mathematics and English Language and Physics.
- Note: Candidates considered for admission through the Direct Entry (DE) are admitted into 200 Level.
MASTER OF CYBER SECURITY AND DIGITAL FORENSICS (MCSDF)
Applicants must satisfy one of the following:
- At least Second Class degree in Computer Science or programmes with substantial computing content relevant course.
- A Post Graduate Diploma in Computing or Computer Science with no less than a credit.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
Candidates should meet requirement iv and any other
- At least a Lower Credit pass in HND in relevant course
- A Third Class first degree in Computer science and ICT relate courses from any University Course
- A minimum of second class lower from any university course.
- WAEC/SSCE Requirement (Compulsory): 5 credits in English, Mathematics and any three science courses