BOARD OF GOVERNORS:
- Prof. W.B. Qurix, OFR , FNIA Vice- Chancellor - Chairman
- Mrs. Esther Dyaji, Registrar - Member
- Mr. Paul Y. Yusuf, Bursar - Member
- Mr. Peter Aroge, Director, Entrepreneurship Center - Member
- Mr. Moses Kolawole, MD, ECWA Portfolio Mgt Ltd - Member
- Mrs. Diane Fabrel Stephen, Director, Consultancy Unit- Member
- Prof. Nuhu D. Gado, Director, Academic Planning - Member
- Mrs. Anne Madugu, Legal Officer - Secretary
Bingham University Consultancy Services Unit was established in 2017 as a business arm of Bingham University Ventures registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Bingham University Consultancy Services is committed to equipping persons, entities, organization and institutions with the requisite skills and capacity to build sustainable future through financial education, customized training and advisory services.
The Consultancy Unit is highly valued for its competence in market research, human resources development, project management and policy development. We design and deliver programs which ensure that our clients have the skills and knowledge to impact positively in their organization, access financial services and promote social inclusion.
The Consultancy Services has a track record of successfully conducting training/programmes which includes the following: Strategic leadership, Peace and Conflict Resolution, Fundamentals of Office Administration among others.
Our core values are centered on practical skills impartation, development of business acumen and appropriate training for various skills.
To establish a training institution of National and global reckoning for the impartation of life transforming skills and knowledge.
To develop training strategies using tools and methods that are accessible to various groups of persons.
- To introduce on the job training techniques for interested persons
- To create a mindset of entrepreneurship among participants.
- Creating a platform for youth empowerment through skill acquisition
- To build capacity for self-reliance
The Center also has the capacity to conduct the following training programmes amongst others:
PEACE AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION TRAINING
Peace and Conflict are concerns that continue to occupy the minds and actions of everyone especially in Nigeria today.
This training is carried out periodically at Bingham University on request. We equip participants with the Basic and Advance knowledge on Peace and Conflict Resolution techniques, dwelling more on practical experiences and case studies.
The Peace and Conflict Resolution training module covers the following areas:
- Understanding Conflict
- Understanding Peace
- Tool for Conflict Analysis
- Conflict Management
- Role of Communication in Conflict Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Case studies
APPLICATION OF SOCIAL MEDIA IN SMALL SCALE BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
The course seeks to present the social media in the context of business transactions, specifically it identifies the commonly used platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and how they can be effectively deployed for business transactions.
- Candidates will be familiar with the positive use and deployment of these platforms to do small scale businesses.
- Candidates will learn how to create and manage a social media presence.
- Candidates will be taught appropriate skills in the use of social media to achieve the desired ends.
- They will also learn how to manage a content calendar for a social media presence.
- Candidates will learn how evaluate the performance of content on social media and how to iterate on that performance.
WEB DEVELOPMENT AND DIGITAL MARKETING
The Covid-19 Pandemic has sped up the process of virtualization and digitalizing the world, forcing individuals and organizations to embrace new practices such as working remotely and social distancing. The enforcement of the “Business from home” policy by almost every organization has increased the rate of doing business online, increasing the popularity of web development and its associated content. Websites and applications have brought digital marketing to the doorstep of every individual.
The training covers the following modules;
- Module 1: Web Development Framework
- Module 2: HTML and CSS
- Module 4: Digital Marketing and Content management.
- Module 1: Android App development
Nature of the Training
Lectures mix with hands-on practicals
Benefits of the Program
Empower youth with development and digital marketing for self-reliance, thereby reducing the over depending on seeking jobs.
FRUIT PROCESSING AND PRESERVATION TECHNIQUES
Fruits are botanically diverse, perishable, seasonal, and regional commodities. They come in many forms, shapes and sizes, colors, flavors, and textures; and are an important part of a healthy diet. Fruits are important in global commerce and are an integral component of the balanced diet system.
Fresh fruit – based drinks is one commodity that is consumed in all parts of the world and those that produce these juices are known to generate sales year in year out if the business is properly managed.
Various fruit processing and preservation technologies (freezing, canning, aseptic processing, non-thermal technology, drying, etc.) can be learned as skill acquisition programme in Bingham University Consultancy Services. Details on major fruits including tropical and superfruits, frozen fruits, canned fruit, jelly, jam and preserves, fruit juices, dried fruits and wines will be learnt.
This is important because, constraints (gaps) limiting greater utilization of fruit such as lack of accessible practical information, post-harvest handling, processing and marketing locally, nationally and regionally will be addressed
Participants will be trained on the general principles of fruit processing and preservation, with greater attention on practical skills acquisition.
At the end of the training, participants should be able to acquire the following skills:
- Produce fruit drinks, and transform the raw material into edible products suitable for consumption locally and nationally
- Produce fruit mix (recipes) that gives the best taste, with high natural nutrient value that can improve health (vitamins, minerals, fibers, and other nutrients, phenolic compounds with pharmacological potentials)
- Produce fruit mix (recipes) suitable for consumers of different ages inform of a variety of diets (antioxidants, antiallergic, anticarcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, etc.)
- Produce fruit mix (recipes) believed to be suitable to consumers suffering from particular ailments (cancers, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, etc.)
- Preserve fruits and fruit products across the seasons of lack and plenty by increasing the shelf-life.
- Generate income through Contributions to food security of the nation by avoiding post-harvest losses and value addition across value chains.
- Create employment opportunities in producing areas
Our Target Market
pWhen it comes to the sale of fruit juice drinks, there is indeed a wide range of available customers. These include:
Households b. Children c. Corporate Executives d. Business People e. Celebrities f. Sports Men and Women g. Students h. Tourists i. Everyone who resides in our target locations.
BOOK-KEEPING FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
This course is designed for small businesses. Would-be entrepreneurs or anyone intending to start a new business. The course will provide financial knowledge to ensue businesses succeed.
Learning Objectives/ Outcomes
- To provide step-by-step guidance to help small business owners perform bookkeeping and accounting.
- To provide guidance on how to manage the finances of small businesses
- To provide participants basic knowledge of tracking transactions by keeping adequate records.
- Introduction to Small Business Accounting
- Overview of the Accounting Process
- Processing Sales and Receipts
- Processing Purchases and Payments
- Processing Payrolls
- Making Accounting Adjustments
- Maintaining the General Ledger
- Financial Statements and Reports
Mode of Presentation
- Course Materials
- Lecture/ Discussion
SOLAR SYSTEM INSTALLATION TRAINING
The erratic and epileptic nature of power supply in Nigeria has necessitated the need for alternative energy sources to bridge the ever-widening gap.
Bingham University and Sigotech Solar Institute have put together solar power system training for the youths in order to;
- Revolutionize alternative energy sources in Nigeria
- Ensure a sustainable means of power supply for all.
- Eradicate poverty and create jobs for participants.
The training covers the following modules:
- Basic Solar System tools
- Types of Photovoltaic Panels
- The Inverter System and Controllers
- Primary Solar System
- Production of Solar Panels
- Safety and the future of Solar Technology
HEALTH SERVICES MANAGEMENT TRAINING
Efficient health services management remains key for the delivery of quality, efficient and effective health care and services within health institutions and communities. As the need for health care services increase in diverse forms, so the need for managers who can ensure day-to-day smooth operation of quality service and care delivery.
This program is intended to build and improve the capacity of health services managers in both private and public health sector in planning, implementing and coordinating health and medical services in the community. It will also serve as incentive to health service providers as opportunities are created for diverse growth and advancement in the health system which includes:
- Public and Private Health Sectors (includes health facilities)
- Health Management Organizations
- Nursing Homes
- Correctional Institutions (Prisons and Remand Homes)
- Consulting Firms
- Insurance Companies
- Health Management Organizations
- Public Health Departments (State and Local Government)
- School Health Services
- Occupational and Industrial Health Services
The training in Health Services Management equips participants with the skills to manage their work and the community health needs effectively. This 3-month program provides a sound introduction to management in the health services for those wishing to build upon their experience and gain a formal or additional qualification in management of health services.
- CHM 100: Management and Leadership
- CHM 102: Selecting the Team
- CHM 104: Communication in Management
- CHM 106: Motivating the Team
- CHM 108: Reflection in Management
- CHM 101: Understanding the General Environment
- CHM 103: Health Services Management
- CHM 105: Team Building
- CHM 107: Legal & Ethical Issues
- CHM 109: Case Study
LIST OF CLIENTS
- National Orientation Agency (NOA)
- Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
- National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS)
- Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)
- Goodluck Foundation
- Nasarawa State Government.
Consultancy Services Unit,
KM25 Abuja-Keffi Express-Way