Pharmacy is a honourable profession, a vital part of the health care team equipped with versatile, outstanding career opportunities and excellent earning potential. It is a major health care profession that deals with the science of preparing and distribution of drugs. Pharmacists play important leadership roles in all aspects of the health-care system, they are health -care professionals authorized to perform various functions such as preparing, compounding, dispensing prescription drugs, monitoring drug interactions, administering vaccines and counseling patients regarding the effects and proper usage of drugs and food supplements.
The Bachelor of Pharmacy programme is to produce well trained professionals with adequate knowledge, skills and competencies for effective and safety use of drugs in the health care system.
To be a Faculty of high academic and professional standards.
To produce God-fearing highly trained and skilled Pharmacists as well as Pharmaceutical Scientists
- To produce professionals that are experts in Pharmacy practice
- To be a Centre of excellence for Pharmacy research and drug development
- To develop an environment for God-fearing staff and students.
- To inculcate in students a sense of recognition of the Pharmacy profession by empowering them academically with a variety of Pharmacy practice
- To develop students with adequate pharmaceutical care knowledge in the health care delivery system
- To inculcate in students a broad spectrum of professional practice in all the areas of Pharmaceutical knowledge to teach in educational institution
- To provide the students with the knowledge of Pharmaceutical sciences in drug delivery
- To provide the students with appropriate skills and adequate knowledge from which they can undertake postgraduate training in any area of Pharmacy
- To develop students to do relevant research to solve both national and global health problems.
B.Pharm Degree holders can work in a variety of settings such as hospital , pharmaceutical industry, academic, research institutions, military health care system or as a self -reliant entrepreneur by setting up a pharmaceutical company